Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

cakeshop in kamakura,famous for pudding 2008/3/25 17:28
i visited this cake shop in kamakura last April and lost the shop name card, im takin gmy friends to kamakura this year and wonder if anyone know this bakery shop in kamakura that is famous for its pudding. it is called something like ''le patisseries'', it is the cottage style shop in town. The local told me it was very famous. please help thank you so much
by Nichaya Phahusutr  

Maybe? 2008/3/27 02:12
Could it be this one? http://www.lesanges.co.jp/shop/honten.htm

Sadly I could not find English site.
by Fiona rate this post as useful

Nishikamapurin 2008/3/27 02:39
http://www.leschoux.co.jp/

I think this one. Pudding called "Nishikamapurin". It is very famous!
by kocho rate this post as useful

thank you 2008/3/28 14:02
thank you so much.....yes it is the les choux...wow...r-riga-to-ko-ja-i-mas-ta. thanks to both answers =-) very happy now
by Nan rate this post as useful

dessert 2008/3/29 15:12
for everyone information: patisserie is French for pastry shop. Choux, in a pastry shop, is short for cream puff, while choux in a grocery is a cabbage. When a Frenchman call his wife "mon petit choux" he is calling her "my little cream puff" not, as some English speaking people believe, "my little cabbage"
by Auntie Bert rate this post as useful

by Auntie Bert 2008/3/29 16:57
Hi Auntie Bert,

Just to let you know that my Japanese wife is and always will be "my little cabbage"
by Yahatacookie rate this post as useful

Les Choux Patisserie Francaise 2010/1/26 14:56
This is my cousin's bakery in Japan, I believe he at least 2 or 3 different locations. Masami Karauchi, he trained in France before returning to Japan. It just so happens that Kamakura is our home town. Every time I am back in Japan, we are treated to his wonderful pastries. Occassionally, I receive a gift box of cookies and desserts which to die for, definitely a combination of French and Japanese flavors. It is unbelievable the detail to each and every dessert creation that comes out of his bakery.
by JoAnna Tomuro (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread