Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cheery blossom in Tokyo (Mid Apr) 2008/3/29 10:25
I'll visit Tokyo from 12 April to 20 April. I think the cherry blossom season already over. Anyone know is there any place still possible to view cherry blossom in/near Tokyo for this period?
by cecilia  

take a day trip 2008/3/30 22:09
A type called "yae-zakura" can be seen in Tokyo during that period. But to view the "someiyoshino" that spread its branches more romanticly, you need to go up north to Akita Prefecture. Akita will be idea in mid-late April.
by Uco rate this post as useful

where do see yae-zakura? 2008/3/30 23:11
Thanks for the information. Where can see yae-zakura in Tokyo? Can I see it in SHinjuku gyoen?
by cecilia rate this post as useful

Hachioji? 2008/3/31 08:05
I've heard there is a place at Hachioji that has many different varieties of cherry trees, and that there is a continous blossoming (of different trees at different times) from mid March until the end of April.

I've seen a few different varieties in Yokohama. One tree near Shin Yokohama station was in full bloom about 2.5 weeks ago, and is now covered with leaves. Another big old tree near my home is nowhere near blooming. I remember last year that it was at least 2-3 weeks later than the others around my area.
by Sandy rate this post as useful

Now 2008/3/31 08:07
Oh, by the way, most of the trees I've seen are in full bloom right now, with a few different varieties maybe 1-3 days off full bloom.
by Sandy rate this post as useful

... 2008/4/7 11:04
I was at Ueno on 3 April at night to see the blossom. I assure I had missed the best time of the season. However, I was at Kyoto on 4 April, it was bloom great.
I think if you are going so later, it would be good to see those at further north.
by lester rate this post as useful

Cherry blossom 23apr - 1May 2008/4/9 23:45
Hi, Will be gg Tokyo n Osaka during 23apr to 1st may 08. Was thinking whether is there any chance to see cherry blossom either in Tokyo or Osaka durign these period?
by Cherry Blossom rate this post as useful

reply to this thread