Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Takuhaibin Delivery Services 2008/3/30 17:03
I would like to use the Takuhaibin Delivery service to deliver my luggages between 2 hotels that i would be staying. I have read up on the Yamato Transport but would like to find out more.

1)Where & how do I make a booking for the service?

2) Do I have to be there personally to send & receive the luggages from them?

Thank you.
by lynn  

Bon voyage 2008/4/2 11:53
1) A lot of hotels accept takuhaibin bookings. Otherwise, they can tell you where the nearest counter is, which would typically be a convenience store. You probably know that in order to have items delivered by next morning, you usually have to bring the items to the counter in the afternoon of the previous day or even much earlier depending on the destination.

2) Basically, when sending luggages, people show up by themselves, because it's no big deal, and because that's when you need to pay. Bookings are usually accepted 24/7, and you are free to take blank formats with you so that you can take your time filling it in or having it filled in by someone to help with the language. You need one format per item.

You are free to trust another person to accept your luggage at the destination for you. Typically hotels are trustworthy. You must of course, mention it to the receiver in advance, since the delivery people will not leave items unaccompanied.

In any case, ask details to the hotels as you book them.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Takuhaibin Delivery Service 2008/4/2 13:31
Here is a copy of my post back in January.

Where is the Takuhaibin's counters at Narita and Kansai Airports?

1) When you exit the Baggage Claim Area, turn left and the baggage delivery service booths will be on your left near the end of the arrival lobby. You will be asked to fill out their form with your name, name of the hotel, address, etc. You are required to pay when they accept your luggage.
2) Yes. You can arrange to have your luggage forwarded to any hotel in Japan as well as to their booths in Narita Airport and Kansai Airport. Upon your arrival at the hotel, your luggage will be at the bellmen's desk/storage or you can inquire with the Front Desk. To forward luggage from the hotel to another hotel or location, the bell desk or Front Desk will accept your luggage and call the delivery service company for pick-up. You need to complete the same forms and pre-pay. Some will fill out the form for you whereas others will have you fill the form. You should allow at least 2 days for your luggage to get to the hotel.

3) For most Hotels, it is not necessary to make advance arrangements with the delivery service companies and the hotels. The delivery service companies will accept your luggage for forwarding and the hotels will accept your luggage without advance notice or arrangements since this is their usual daily service.

I use Yamato and other delivery service companies when I travel in Japan to avoid the inconvenience of having to lug our luggage on the train and in commuting to our next hotel. They are very reliable and the cost per luggage is reasonable. I consider this as part of our travel cost, no different than the cost of airfare, rail pass, meals, etc. We use carry-on on wheels to pack what we need for about 3 days.

To simplify the process, on a sheet of paper, list all of your hotels in LARGER print with the name of the hotel, address, date of arrival and date of departure UNDER YOUR NAMES. Showing this to the delivery service companies or the hotel's staff to make it easier for them to fill in the form for you or if you have to fill in the form.

For our past seven trips to Japan, our luggages were always at our hotel when we checked-in. We also forward our luggage to the airport to the delivery service company's booth on the airlines departure level. Delivery service companies have one booth at the Arrival level and one on the Departure level. There is an additional charge for delivery to the airport and you should allow 2 or 3days for the luggage to get to the airport.

Have a wonderful and safe trip.
by Harold rate this post as useful

takuhaibin delivery services 2008/4/2 23:08
dear Uco and Harold, thanks for the information. They are certainly very useful to me and my family during my japan trip. at least now i know what to do with my luggages..
by lynn rate this post as useful

reply to this thread