Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

40 days itinerary- First time in Japan 2008/3/31 08:22
hi all.

I have prepared a 40 days itinerary for my first visit to japan, backpacker style with JR Pass.

i just would like to know whether you can give me some hints or ideas on places I may be missing, places I should not go, places i should instead of others, and so on.

Any tips/comments are most welcomed.

The itineray, so far is.

APRIL

6 Tokyo Kamakura (sleep there, arrive at night) kamakura hase hostel
7 Kamakura  mt fuji, hike it , sleep night there or even hike in night
8 MtFuji (hike it back?)  hakone (ryokan) kappa tengoku?
9 hakone  nara
10 nara  ise?(better option)  Kyoto
11 kyoto
12 kyoto
13 kyoto- ise?(worse option)  koya-sans (sleep at temple && see cemetery in the night) (Osaka ?)
14 koya sans  himeji  kobe just to sleep/go out (Osaka?) Kobe Kur Haus, NINOMIYA-RYOKAN
15 kobe  kotohira  takamatsu (Osaka?) quiza en casa de atzkita
16 takamatsu  Matsuyama (6AM take the ferry to Beppu)
17 matsuyama(ehime))  beppu (ferry, night probably…)  yufuin??
18 beppu/yufuin?  usuki  aso
19 aso mirar mi correo, con la pagina de yahoo con analista muy larga
20 aso  dazaifu  fukuoka (sleep there)
21 Fukuoka (hakata)
22 fukuoka (hakata)– tsuwano – hiroshima (miyajima, tori gate)
23 hiroshima mas okayama
24 hiroshima  kanazawa/takayama
25,26 Kanazawa, Oginachi, Suyanama, Ainokura, Shirakawayo, takayama (tour,renting a car,whatever...) if not possible, zazen
27 takayama  matsumoto
28 matsumoto nagano
29 nagano  aizu-wakamatsu (golden week)
30 aizuwakamatsu – tono (golden week)

MAY

1 tono rent a bike (golden week)
2 tono  aomori (tunnel seikan tour)  hakodate (golden week) hotel maruyasu, 5250 yen, x confirmar con mi tarjeta
3 hakodate sapporo (golden week) intentar meter otaru
4 sapporo  quiza otaru  biei (golden week) intentar meter otaru albergue potato en bieipor enviar mi tarjeta 5460 Y
5 biei (golden week) albergue potato, falta enviar mi tarjeta 5460 yen brk y dinr incl
6 biei  abashiri (golden week)
7 abashiri (membutsu airport)  tokyo (domestic flight)
816 TOKYO, nikko, yokohama, kawagoe….

by Javier  

first time in apan 2008/3/31 15:04
Javier, for a first visit to Japan you are going for too long and trying to see far too many things. Japan is a big cultural shock (though trains and subways are as easy to use as European ones) and 2 weeks if a single person or 3 weeks if you go with a friend is pretty much max for the first time. Not to mention that buying 2 X 21 days JR passes or even 1 X 21 + 1 X 14 plus hotels/ hostels and food will be pricey..My first trip of many to Japan was only one week long and I ONLY VISITED the Kansai: Kyoto, Osaka,Nara Himeji. I stayed in one hotel only all the time. I only saw a few sights in each town but at leisure so I HAD TIME to see each place (Himeji,for example)in details.It was the prefect introduction to Japan. I have travelled to a few countries in Europe, Asia, North America and never stayed more than 2 weeks1/2 at a time. A couple of times a buddy and I visited a different town every day or every other day and it was way too much. We felt that most of our time was wasted travelling in trains or buses, packing/ unpacking etc.
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

reply to this thread