Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Osaka question 2008/3/31 12:39
Can someone please tell me the simplest way to get from Osaka Castle to the Mint? And if you can get a river cruise from the Aqua Line Pier by the Castle? And (one more) is the cruise worthwhile? We are close to our April 16th departure from Canada and I want to say thanks for all the help we have had from this Forum. Claudia.
by Claudia  

Osaka 2008/3/31 18:16
according to japan-guide.com (that's why they have a "search this site window" The Osaka Mint Bureau is a 10-15 minute walk north of Temmabashi Station on the Tanimachi Subway Line and Keihan Main Line". You can also take the loop line from the castle and get off at Temma station. It would be worth your while to get a Osaka map(I got mine in Vancouver) or try to google partial maps of various areas of Osaka. The Aquabus stops at Osaka castle -this is another reason for getting a map-- and also at temmabashi on the way back (there is a huge shopping arcade by the way in that area). whether it is worthwhile or not is really a personal choice. I haven't taken it but loved the river cruises in Tokyo, Paris etc. if the weather is warm this is a nice break from walking around.

by Monkey see rate this post as useful

The easiest way 2008/3/31 22:16
might be;

1. Get out of Kyobashi(North-western) Entrance/Exit.

2. Turn right and go across the Neyagawa River and Tosabori-dori street.

3. Walk through Kawasaki bridge across Okawa river.

they you will find the entrance of Osaka Mint.

If u prefer wider street, then
1. Go to Tenma-bashi station, north-west of the Castle.

2. Walk across the Tenmabashi Bridge and Turn right.

3. Walk along the Okawa river and u will reach the entrance of the mint.

anyway, get a map. you can get one at the tourist infomation in Umeda or Namba
by Ts rate this post as useful

Thanks 2008/4/2 12:40
Thanks for the information. I did try to figure it out on the web and from a map I had, but your directions are so much more explicit and helpful.
by Claudia rate this post as useful

reply to this thread