Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

reserving tickets with JR rail pass 2008/3/31 12:49
i was wondering if we could reserve tickets for trains and shinkansen if we have JR rail passes.

We'll be arriving Narita Airport and i read somewhere that sometimes tickets could be fully booked in advance.

Can I reserve tickets online or are they going to charge me for it? I want to use my JR rail pass and reserve tickets. Is that possible? I hope to be able to do the same thing when I go to Kyoto as well.
by Jr rail confusesd  

. 2008/3/31 15:29
Yes seat reservations for JR (Japan Railway Company)trains are free with the JR pass. You have to do it in person.
by John rate this post as useful

online reservation JR East 2008/3/31 16:13
One of the JR railways companies ( JR East ) again allows reservation by internet in English for foreigners and/or JR Rail Pass holders. See http://jreast-shinkansen-reservation.eki-net.com/pc/english/...

BUT be aware, you must collect in person the reservation tickets the day prior your travel, so worthless for an arriving passenger at Narita airport for same day travel.
by Peter rate this post as useful

JR pass 2008/3/31 17:48
anyone who isn't familiar with the JR passes should read:
www.japanrailpass.net/ it explains very clearly--at least in the 2 languages I am most familiar with--- pretty much all the questions that people who have never been to Japan are asking again and again.. perhaps this site needs another tab at the top: JR passes???
by Red Frog rate this post as useful

reply to this thread