Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hiking in April 2008/3/31 18:00
My husband and I are planning a trip to Japan in mid-April in hopes of doing some easy/moderate hiking (with our 1-year-old on our backs) in a cool climate, ideally with some beautiful mountain scenery - and we're considering Nagano.

Is there good hiking in the Nagano area in April? Seems the scenery is spectacular. Or Would Takayama (too crowded during festival?), Matsumoto, Kamikochi, Kiso Valley, Shirakawa-Go, or elsewhere be better? We can fly into Tokyo, Osaka, or Nagoya and have 5 nights.

We're hoping for a town/area with high-end lodging, excellent restaurants/cafes, and ideally some cultural/historic site-seeing too.

Thanks so much!
by Amy  

Hiking in Japan 2008/4/1 02:17
The Lonely Planet "Hiking in Japan" book is maybe what you're looking for. I loved Kamikochi when I visited it and I noticed they have everything from simple walks to moderate hikes and rock climbing there. However, Kamikochi won't open until 24 April so that might be a bit late for you.
by Kappa rate this post as useful

reply to this thread