Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nara and Iga-Ueno in one day 2008/4/1 02:13
Is it too ambitious to visit Nara and Iga-Ueno in a one day side trip from Kyoto? I also would like to get back in time to visit Byodoin in Uji.

I checked train times on hyperdia and it seemed like it might take a long time to get from Nara to Iga-Ueno and from Iga-Ueno to Uji since I need to make several transfers.

I only want to go to Iga-Ueno for the Ninja Museum. It seems like it would be really fun and interesting, but a lot of time to get to. If I am not a huge fan of ninja, should I just skip it? Or should I skip Byodoin instead? Since I will be in Kyoto and there are dozens of other temples and shrines to visit, but I would still like to see it since it's so famous.

Unfortunately I can't fit these in on another day. =(

Any opinions to help me decide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
by d-chan  

hmmm 2008/4/1 11:15
it does take a long time on the train ( i took it from uenoshi to namba before)

i think you might want to split into 2 days, as the travelling time to Iga's Ueno is quite long even if you take the highway bus
by Amelia rate this post as useful

can't split into 2 days 2008/4/3 00:19
Unfortunately, I can't split it into two days as my schedule is pretty unflexible on other days. So I need help to decide which to drop if I don't have time. I do wish we booked an extra day... T_T
by d-chan rate this post as useful

Iga-Ueno 2008/4/3 00:25
If you haven't much time, I would skip iga-Ueno. I've been there, and yes, the Ninja museum is Ok, also the show is Ok, the castle is so-so (I've seen better ones). I think Nara has much more to offer and is much easier to reach than Iga-Ueno.
by Bert rate this post as useful

reply to this thread