Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

shinjuku prince hotel 2008/4/1 06:31
does anybody know shinjuku prince hotel? is it a good hotel? is it in a good location and easy to find? we're planning to stay there and want to know whether it is a good hotel. location is a big factor. i know shinjuku is a very lively place ( with restaurants and shopping places all over) and we want a hotel very near to the busy part of shinjuku, where you just get out of the hotel and outside you see a lot of shopping places and restaurants. do you know if it is near the JR stations as well? In their website, it says it is. But I'm not too sure if "near" for them is really near.

also, we made a reservation online thru their website (not using expedia, asiarooms, etc.) and we received a confirmation of our reservation. does that mean we have already reserved the room? if someone here has already done bookings online thru the website of shinjuku price hotel, can you please share your experience with me? i dont want to have any problems with my reservations when arrive tokyo. thanks for all your help!!!!
by hotel finder  

. 2008/4/1 10:42
Yes, I stayed at them before. In fact it was one of the first hotels I stayed in Japan a few years back. Since then the hotel has gone under a lot of renovations so I understand the rooms are newer now.

It is very close to JR Shinjuku Station, within walking distance of the East Exit, very close, I never had a problem walking the route.

In the past, I booked through the prince website, if you have a reservation confirmation number everything should be set.
by John rate this post as useful

What is room rate for Shinjuku Price ?? 2008/4/1 17:30
I did not see the rate at it website...I m traveling to tokyo 2 weeks later, still looking for accomodation. Wonder this hotel ok ??
by aaron rate this post as useful

Hotel in Ikebukuro or Shinjuku 2008/4/1 18:44
aaron,
you are the same with the Tokyo House Ikebukuro question? Hotels nearby are for example: http://www.star-hotel.co.jp/
Rates for Prince Hotels see under:http://www.princehotels.co.jp/english/index1.html
or as a foreign visitor join Prince Club International first, see webside, for Tokyo rates breakfast included.
by Peter rate this post as useful

thks peter 2008/4/1 20:55
it is a great help from u. let me try making reservation

booking at New-Star 2008/4/1 21:37
Hi peter,

I have place a reservation of 2 rooms, requesting a extra bed added in one o the room. My aged motehr travel with us, need attention & care. This is the first time I travel to Japan, do u think the hotel can accommodate customer request ?? I hv seen most the hotel listing very specific abt number of perosn stay in a room (unlike other countries). I hope the hotel can be flexible in handling, as I m willing to pay for extra bed.

anyway, thanks for your advise earlier. It seem that you are familiar with Tokyo. Are you a resident there ??

3 or more in one hotel room 2008/4/1 21:59
aaron,
you are speaking about which hotel? The Shinjuku Prince allows 3 persons in the Deluxe Twin, not in any other room type. Out of the star hotels in Ikebukuro there is only the one Japanese Type room at Starplaza for three persons. The reason why hotels are so specific about person per room is the small room sizes and the lack of roll away beds. If you want to sleep more then two or three persons in a room you must choose the Japanese Ryokan type of accommodation. No, I am not resident of Tokyo but frequent visitor.

What hotel you recommend for Kyoto ?? 2008/4/1 22:45
Hi Peter,

as I mentioned in my earlier post title, my booking is with New Star. Though StarPlaza is hving room for 3, it was already fully booked during my stay. Since New star is nearer to JR station, that should save some walkin for my old lady.

sorry to bother u a bit more, since I am also traveling to Kyoto this time. Any good recommendation for accommodation ???

Forgot to reply your first posting... 2008/4/1 22:49
yah, I m the guy in the Tokyo House Ikebukuro ...haha

In your opinion, as a frequent visitor, any places in Tokyo that u think a must visit for first timer ??

room for three 2008/4/1 22:53
Hi aaron,
sorry I did not read headline of your post. But be aware that New Star will not confirm a room with three beds, the rooms are too tiny for a third bed. For Kyoto, I know that the New Miyako offers room for three persons: http://www.miyakohotels.ne.jp/newmiyako/english/room.html
For Ryokan: http://www.kyoto-hatoya.co.jp/zuiho/pages/english/english.ht... or the cheaper Tomiya, no own webside, bookable via hostel bookings.

Ikebukuro Hotel for 3 2008/4/1 22:57
Hi aaron,
the Metropolitan Hotel Crown Plaza in Ikebukuro offers room for three persons:
www.6c.com

Hotel 2008/4/2 03:54
As John said, the Shinjuku Prince is very close to the JR station, about a block's walk away. Also, it is just across the street from the cluster of shops & restaurants of Shinjuku, so yes, their website is accurate.

Also, I just went last October, probably later than John, and I would guess it had been recently renovated, just as he mentioned.

One other nice touch was free wireless internet in the lobby. I used my iPhone there to check/send e-mails.

by Paul H rate this post as useful

reply to this thread