Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

renew visa before expire 4 months? 2008/4/1 17:01
Hi!I need to go back my home country the begining of May.
and my spouse visa will expire 22 July. I found that I can renew within 2 months. Does anybody know if I can do now? I will be away from Japan during my visa expired.
by duritz97  

I don't think so 2008/4/1 22:35
You need to be in Japan while your visa is being processed and you can't leave the country.

by Gaijinjland rate this post as useful

2xchange status of residence 2008/4/1 22:57
. I need to go back my home country the
. begining of May. and my spouse visa
. will expire 22 July. I found
that I can
. renew within 2 months. Does anybody know
. if I can do now? I will be
away from
. Japan during my visa expired.

You're correct about the two months. All you can do is ask the Immigration Bureau office if they'll let you.

If you're really desperate, you could maybe, instead of lodging Application for Extension of Period of Stay, you could lodge Application for Change of Status of Residence to change to ''Temporary Visitor'', and then lodge another Application for Change of Status of Residence to change back to spouse. Your one or three year period of stay as ''spouse'' would re-start.
by double_change rate this post as useful

... 2008/4/1 23:36
If you MUST leave for your country, please ask the nearest immigration office immediately to find out what you can do.

One thing you simply must not do is to let your spouse visa expire.

Maybe if you explain the reason why you want to, or need to, apply for renewal earlier (family reasons, for example), they might accept a renewal application earlier, and process it earlier. All you can do is ask, though. There is no guarantee that it is possible. Because there is still one month to go, it's not that you are rushing in at the last minute, Immigration *might* be somewhat understanding.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread