Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Trip Itinerary 2008/4/2 07:01
hello, me and a couple of friends are looking to use (http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2400_osaka_9.html) as a basis for our itinerary but also we would like to add a visit to a beach, some popular clubs/bars, and reccomendations for shopping, arcades, and hot springs that arent too strict...
by killermonkey187  

... 2008/4/2 15:04
what do you mean by hot springs that aren't too strict?
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Itinerary 2008/4/3 03:56
There is a big beach at Kamakura within walking distance of the giant Buddah.
by Steve rate this post as useful

your trip 2008/4/3 04:11
Kyoto, Osaka and of course Tokyo all have big department stores. Osaka Kita area for example has 3 department stores (one 16 storeys high) around one single square and an underground mall under all that with 400 stores. there are more stores,bars and restaurants nearby. Do you mean arcades in the British and European meaning? in other words a pedestrians-only (no cars)shopping lane with a glass roof? there are several in each city. There are nice beaches near Kyoto and Kobe.
by Monke y see rate this post as useful

more questions.... 2008/4/3 04:20
by non strict i mean ones that dont mind tattoos and peircings... because we all have them. yes that is what im looking for when i say arcades.

Another thing we need help with is low to medium budget hotels in Kyoto, Osaka and Tokyo... and reccomendations of tattoo/peircing shops
by killermonkey187 rate this post as useful

about the trip 2008/4/3 05:11
There are 2 parallel shopping arcades in Kyoto starting on Shijo-dori across the street from the Hankyu and Takashimaya department stores.1/2 way up the arcade you will run in another one going across,a food market (go there in the morning). There are 2 in Osaka in the Shinsaibashi/ Minami area and a huge one in the Temma area not far from the castle. Your itinerary may not leave you time for Osaka. too bad it is a really interesting city. How about staying in the Kansai area a few extra days as there so many things to see there? like the Biwa lake, Arashiyama, the Fushimi-Inari shrine, the town of Kobe etc. The Kansai is the craddle of Japanese culture and my favorite region in Japan.
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

reply to this thread