Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

"New family?" - what does that mean? 2008/4/3 00:12
So my friend told me she couldnt get a dog until she got a "atarashi kudoza." I lost her when she tried to explain, but her family lives two hours away. She said that a dog would be lonely unless she had a new family. Is this a Japanese way of saying she can't get a dog unless she was to get married?
by Chris  

family =kazoku 2008/4/3 09:41
Family is "kazoku", and "kudoza" is not a word that I have come across before. Are you absolutely certain that is what she said?
by Sira rate this post as useful

typo 2008/4/3 13:43
Yeah sorry typo. I'm not used to romaji.
by Chris rate this post as useful

... 2008/4/3 16:22
"Is this a Japanese way of saying she can't get a dog unless she was to get married?"

I think it just literally means "unless I get a new family (because my old family lives far away, and a living being needs a family)". Of course, typically for a human being, a new family does start with a spouse, but I think it can be a room mate or pet sitter or what not. She just wanted to say that she can't have a dog when she's living all by herself, I suppose.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Hinting 2008/4/3 17:50
It seems that girls hint at things to test guys reactions, It think this kind of hinting is a girl thing and hard for guys to fully understand, at least for me
by Max rate this post as useful

test? 2008/4/3 21:24
Thanks for the help. I guess I dont understand why she would test my reaction. I guess there is a little sexual tension between us, maybe that is what she was hinting at or trying to start a conversation about.
by Chris rate this post as useful

over analyzing!! 2008/4/4 00:21
she's lonely... her new family is the dog. She can make a tiny small family with a furry companion.

from a girl.
by Miyuki rate this post as useful

oh wait 2008/4/4 00:23
i misread... sigh.

well ok, i'll say this, it's kinda hard to answer this question when it's out of context.
by Miyuki rate this post as useful

reply to this thread