Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Vegetarian mochi 2008/4/3 16:26
hi,

will be going to Tokyo from 8-16 June. Was just wondering whether there is any fruit picking season during that time near Tokyo. Is there such a thing as Vegetarian Mochi ?, and where can i find them? Thanks !
by Jazmin  

mochi. 2008/4/4 09:59
mochi is basically rice cake.
by mochi rate this post as useful

sakuranbo-gari 2008/4/4 10:02
You can probably enjoy cherry picking if you travel up north to the Tohoku region. Keep in mind that cherries here are quite different from say American cherries.

What do you mean by "Vegetarian Mochi"? Mochi is made only from rice and water. Of course there are various versions of them, though. What do you have in mind?
by Uco rate this post as useful

What? 2008/4/4 10:04
Do you know what mochi is?

It's pounded rice. That's it. The green mochi is Kusa-mochi which is pounded with herbs. Usually there is sweet bean paste served on the inside of the mochi. That is made of sugar and kidney BEANS. Not kidneys.

There is also something called Meat Mochi, you can buy it at the Supermarket called Ground Beef. It's delicious.

I recommend Kusa-Mochi though.
Dango is also made from mochi. It is barbequed with soy sauce. That's vegetarian too.
by Jupiter Rising rate this post as useful

mochi 2008/4/4 13:21
thanks for all the answers. well, now I know what mochi is :P

by Jazmin rate this post as useful

reply to this thread