Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Himeji English tour 2008/4/5 04:33
I think we will get much more out of our Himeji visit with the English tour, but they are not on a regular schedule. We will be ther in mid-June. Do you think there are times when English tours are more likely (week-ends? times of day?) Our schedule is still flexible, so we want to make the best plan.
by rootles  

Advice? 2008/4/8 13:58
I think maybe nobody saw this since it took a long time to appear on the list of questions, so lots of other questions were above it. I hope someone can answer so we can decide the best day to go. Thanks!
by rootles rate this post as useful

... 2008/4/8 18:50
Hi, There is another guide which you need to book in advance.

http://www.himeji-kanko.jp/en/spot/ss089.html

English-speaking volunteer guides
Kashi-no-Ki Kai
English guided tour of Himeji Castle is available with free of charge. One week prior reservation is needed for tour of ten and under people. One month for over 10. It depends on an availability of tour guides that over ten people can be guided. For application and inquiry, please e-mail to the following address.
Mail: hir_mamazing@hotmail.com
Vega (Volunteer Guide Association of Himeji Castle)
This is the group of English-speaking volunteer guides specializing in Himeji Castle. Their expertise in the castle is superb. No appointment is necessary, but you are advised to check their availability in advance to secure a guided tour because they are not always on duty.
TEL:079-285-1146(Himeji Castle Administration Office)
by Michelle rate this post as useful

Thanks 2008/4/9 01:01
Thank you. Have you done this?
According to the Himeji Castle web site http://www.himeji-castle.gr.jp/ENGLISH/visitor.htm ''Tours: A free tour is available for English speaking visitors. This service is provided by an association of volunteer guides. But please note that reservations are not accepted for this service. Inquire when you purchase your admission tickets. Allow about 1 hour and a half for the tour.''

For people who just showed up at the castle, what has your experience been?

by rootles rate this post as useful

just show up 2008/4/9 01:10
We visited Himeji Jo mid-morning in mid May. There were several guides available. We simply introduced ourselves, asked if we could join (in this case) her group, and enjoyed a great experience. I can't speak to other dates or times, but for us it was very informal and simple. We attempted to tip her afterwards, but she would have none of it. Our thanks were sufficient. It was quite impressive.
by Tay rate this post as useful

reply to this thread