Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best way to tour to nagano, matsumoto. 2008/4/6 12:04
I saw by train can take up to 5hrs or 2 1/2 hrs (such great diff). Wonder which way best to go from tokyo? Intend to tour kamikochi at matsumoto, I wonder whether 1 day is sufficient? not hiking but viewing the nature beauty it is too tough for old lady? any good attraction seldom mentioned by people?
by aaron  

Matsumoto 2008/4/7 16:14
It takes 3 hrs from Tokyo, leaving at 9 am Ueno station) to Matsumoto, with 1 easy change of trains in Nagano.The town of Matsumoto is quite interesting (great castle)and there is a cheap town bus going around and around that you take on and off. This would make a great one day trip from Tokyo without going any further. We slept there, near the rail station, then took a limited express to Nagoya then a shinkansen to Osaka. It took nearly 4 hrs with 2 changes. How old is old? I am over 60 and can walk all day long without problems.
by Auntie Bert rate this post as useful

aft finding out some more.... 2008/4/7 20:38
thanks auntie berth.

my old lady is 80+ and still
walking & gardening...and she love flowers. I thought kamikochi will be beautiful this time round (only open starting apr). But consdiering 2.5 hr trip thru & back 5 hrs, jus not worth the trouble.

i saw on poster there was lavender fields in JP tot can visit, anybody know anywhere near tokyo ?? or where can see beautiful flowers during this early spring ??? BTW, is the pollen that cause hay fever serious this time round??? must bring mask during tour??

by aaron rate this post as useful

dramamine 2008/4/7 23:46
If you take the limited express to or from Matsumoto to or from Nagoya, and you have any tendency towards motion sickness, I'd recommend dramamine or similar. The train runs along a river valley at high speed with high banking and at times has the characteristics of being a carnival ride. Saw many women stumbling off the train and retching after the trip.
by Tay rate this post as useful

Hayfever 2008/4/7 23:53
Aaron wrote:

BTW, is the pollen that cause hay fever serious this time round??? must bring mask during tour??

That depends on what pollen you are referring to. The cedar pollen count is still pretty high, despite the earlier forecasts that this year wouldn't be so bad. I think it is supposed to tail off within the next week or so though.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

reply to this thread