Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan Rail Pass, once again 2008/4/7 21:54
I've read hundreds of pages about the Japan Rail Pass, but I don't fully understand. Are you telling me that I can take, let's say, the Yamanote Line from Shinagawa to Shinjuku just by showing my JRP? What are the other designated lines where I can take advantage of this Pass within the Tokyo Metro Area?
by Vicker  

Japan Rail Pass 2008/4/8 11:05
Vicker,

Are you telling me that I can take, let's say, the Yamanote Line from Shinagawa to Shinjuku just by showing my JRP?

Yes.

What are the other designated lines where I can take advantage of this Pass within the Tokyo Metro Area?

It is valid on all JR Lines, which in the central Tokyo area includes the Yamanote Line (light green), Chuo Line (orange), Sobu Line (yellow) trains, amongst others. I know people who have even used their passes to travel from Shinagawa to Tokyo by shinkansen istead of the Yamanote Line, since that is free too.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

JR pass 2008/4/8 12:18
perhaps you should read the actual site of the JR pass?! www.japanrailpass.net/
all the JR trains plus JR buses and ferries are free with the JR pass. the transit maps of Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto etc. available in guidebooks and on the internet clearly indicate which ones of the lines are JR. it is quite easy, really!
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

Japan Rail Pass, once again 2008/4/8 21:36
Thank you guys for the information. I read the Japan Rail Pass web page for a second time. Now is crystal clear.
by Vicker rate this post as useful

reply to this thread