Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto Visitor's Center 2008/4/8 23:20
Hi, I was wondering a few things about Kyoto's visitor center. First... where is it exactly? And secondly, do they offer English maps of different areas of Kyoto?

On a past trip to Kyoto I was being guided by a friend so there is a lot of stuff I don't remember how to get to. I would like to show some of these things to my fiance on our trip next month, but I don't even remember the names of some things.

For instance, some of the smaller shrines and temples were interesting. There was Tenryuji in Arashiyama, that I *think* I remember how to get to, but am not sure.

And there was a little complex of temples that I can't remember what they were called for the life of me. I just remember there were a lot of them all together and they all seemed to have rock gardens. It was a nice quiet little area that I would like to revisit.

There was also a little shrine that (if I remember correctly) was dedicated to Toyotomi Hideyoshi's wife... I believe that one was near Kiyomizudera.
by Robyn  

... 2008/4/9 09:16
Hi, I was wondering a few things about Kyoto's visitor center. First... where is it exactly? And secondly, do they offer English maps of different areas of Kyoto?

The Kyoto City Tourist Information Office is on the 2nd floor of the North Side of the station near the Granvia Hotel and across from Mr. Donut. They have a really good English City Map and an English bus map available.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Kyoto tourist office 2008/4/9 10:10
their staff are very good. They will highlight on a map the sites you want to see and write down all the bus numbers to take.
by Auntie Bert rate this post as useful

reply to this thread