Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Visiting Relatives, Denied. 2008/4/9 23:41
Hi all.. My little sister and I applied for a tourist Visa to visit our older sister who is married to a Japanese and they have 2 kids. We submitted all the requirements needed like always, certificate of guarantee or whatever, it's all complete. it would have not been accepted anyway if it was incomplete. it's not my little sister's first time in Japan, this would have been her second trip and my first. on the request, my bro in law mentioned that I have a job (which is true) and I even included a COE Certificate of Employment to prove that. We were denied the Visa and of course they didn't disclose why. My mom has been there 3 times already, my little sis once and my other sister twice. It's just now that we got denied, I'm not the only one denied even my little sister. I dont see why she wouldnt be granted the visa. Could it because Im denied so since she's just 11 and they know that she will not be able to travel alone, that's why she's denied the visa, too? i mean, thats not fair... does anyone have an idea? thanks! please private msg me if u want... thank u very much!
by jeremy567  

where you from? 2008/4/10 11:09
I don't know about other countries, but if you are from the U.S. you can stay in Japan for up to 90 days without needing a visa. All you have to do is go there and check the tourism box on your inbound form. If you plan to go for longer, I'm sorry to say I have nothing for ya
by Kev rate this post as useful

Re: Visiting Relatives, Denied. 2008/4/10 16:34
The Japanese authorities are cracking down on illegal immigration and we see regularly 'visa denied' messages in this forum from people from Japan's neighbours. Since they never disclose the reason for denying the visa, it appears to be very random. Even if a document is missing, the visa is denied without explication. I can only recommend to add more documents and submit it again, or try to get Arudou Debito interested, sounds like this could be something right up his alley: http://www.debito.org/
by Kappa rate this post as useful

I got the same experience too 2008/4/10 22:32
my visa for our Mar 2008 was denied twice. AT last, after putting xxx amount of cash in our bank account (as the Embassy guy told us we don't have enough cash to warrant a visit to Japan),only then we got our visa - and that was for our 5th visit to Japan!
Not helpful to you, I know but just want top share my experience...
by lina rate this post as useful

denied visa 2008/4/11 01:36
well, obviously since we went to apply for the tourist visa, im taking it that u know im not a citizen of those countries that can visit japan w/ no visa. im a filipino citizen. and one more question, do u think if my sister alone applied for the visa, she would have been approved? thanks!
by jeremy567 rate this post as useful

Unlikely 2008/4/11 02:35
If your sister is 11 years old, she would not get a tourist visa. A minor needs to be accompanied by an adult.
by Bystander rate this post as useful

Visa? 2008/4/11 04:31
Which countries do need a visa other than the sticker you obtain for free at the border? At least that was what happened in 2004 and 2005 when I was in Japan. Have the rules been changed? If so, in what way? BTW I'm from the Netherlands.
by Trudy rate this post as useful

Hi 2008/4/11 06:47
May I ask your age and the kind of job you applied for? That might shed some light on this. More details are needed to understand your situation.
by Ohmae rate this post as useful

who needs a tourist visa 2008/4/11 07:40
Lots of nationalities need tourist visas to come to Japan, Trudy- the Philippines, India, Pakistan, many African countries for example. Dutch people don't as the Netherlands is one of the countries on the visa waiver list.

You will probably find your country has a similar system- those from western countries are allowed in without visas, while those from developing countries need them.
by Sira rate this post as useful

work? 2008/4/11 08:55
nope. i didn't apply for any job. i'm 22 years old. im currently employed and am earning 5 times the minimum here in the phils. i hate to say that but im really pissed. it was clearly stated in the invitation that we will go there for pleasure and my bro in law can surely shoulder everything, all expenses. does it really take 6 months before we can re-apply.? why was i denied?!
by jeremy567 rate this post as useful

Just sharing 2008/4/11 11:07
I would recommend you to try as Lina did. Put more money in your bank account and try again.
Our visa was denied as well. It is my 3rd visit and 6th visit for my husband. Actually he is on business trip and also has the original invitation letter from company in Japan submitting to apply for visa. Still we got rejected, just because we did not submitted the certificated letter on our bank statement which must has signature from the bank officer.

So I think tne money in your account is a matter to get visa.

Good luck
by GoodLuck rate this post as useful

reply to this thread