Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Wasabi farm 2008/4/11 12:48
I will be going to tokyo and kyoto in May, and I would really like to visit a wasabi farm. The only one I've managed to find is the Daio Wasabi Farm in Matsumoto but the website's not in English.

Does anyone know the best way to get there, and like how much it costs to enter and opening hours, info like that?

Also, are there any other wasabi farms that are nearer to tokyo?

Thanks!
by Fiona  

It's at . . . 2008/4/14 09:01
. . . Hotaka Station a few stops from Matsumoto. The tourist info center there will give you a map. Most people rent bikes and bike to the farm as it's around 2 km away. The farm is easy to find. You can try wasabi ice cream at the farm.

I don't recall the entry fee but something like 800 yen and hours are the usual: maybe 9-5.

There is a much smaller wasabi farm in Izu Peninsula below Shuzenji but you have to take a bus and it's harder to find.
by Clevor rate this post as useful

thanks! 2008/4/15 16:17
Thanks for your help Clevor! I think both farms are still a bit too far from Tokyo though, because I didn't buy the JR pass, and I'm on quite a tight budget.
by Fiona rate this post as useful

reply to this thread