Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

money exchange 2008/4/12 11:47
I heard the rate of exchange will be better if I purchase a money order at a U.S. post office up to $700.00, then bring money order with my ID and passport to a Japan post office for cash.Has any one out there done this before?If so,is there any thing else specific that I should know ?My first city I will visit is Takayama.This is where I would need to find a post office.
by chun  

. 2008/4/13 12:24
I would suggest using traveler cheques instead of a money order. If you lose the traveler cheques, you can get them replaced.

To exchange traveler cheques at the post office, you need your passport, and the contact address and phone number in Japan. The hotel name and phone number that you're staying at will be enough.
by Keitm rate this post as useful

Just to add... 2008/4/13 14:18
I don't know which way the rates would be better, but please be sure to bring "International Postal Money Order," not regular US money order or US domestic postal money order, if you want to cash them at post offices in Japan.
by AK rate this post as useful

Read this too 2008/4/13 15:49
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+48366

More ideas about travellers cheques/ATM.
by Trudy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread