Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

shirakawago accomodation 2008/4/12 12:09
I plan to stay at Shimizu ryokan in shirakawago..From the bus stop is it very far to walk to this ryokan? I will have luggage..If any one out there has stayed here,I would like to know what you experienced..Is it clean,was the food worth trying,the hospitality etc.. I going in the month of october..how cold will it be?
by chun  

Shimizu 2008/4/13 14:51
I stayed at Shimizu about four years ago. It was very nice, very atmospheric and the woman running it was very nice and spoke some English. We received discount coupons for the public bath down the road, which was great - very new, clean, nice view out the window. Food is served around a hearth in the floor; we were the only guests (late December) so just two of us - if there are more people it might be more interesting.
It's not far from the bus stop, Shirakawago is so small, nothing is that far from the bus stop, though it's a bit farther 'out' of the village than some other places. walking distance, though, certainly, even with luggage.
by Spendthrift rate this post as useful

reply to this thread