Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

accomodations in takayama 2008/4/12 12:17
I will be staying at the Rickshaw Inn in Takayama.Has any one stay here before? If so, would like to know your experience...staying there in october during the matsuri festival week.Is this Inn far from the festival attractions? Prices for the hotels are very expensive during this week.Know of any other ryokan or minshuku that would be avail from Oct 8-12 2008.I would like to be near the city attractions. thank you..
by chun  

rickshaw inn 2008/4/13 12:09
I stayed here in 2005. Very central, very authentic home clean. Friendly hosts. I wouild stay there again.
by kevin quirk rate this post as useful

Rickshaw Inn 2008/4/13 14:47
I stayed at the Rickshaw Inn once, there are other places I like better but for the price during the festival, it's very good. The location is great, walking distance to everywhere, and they have (or had) an English map & schedule of the festival.
As far as authentic...yeah, they got tatami mats and futons. Breakfast is a laugh, at least when I was there it was a hard-boiled egg, a couple of pieces of thick toaster-bread (and the toaster took what seemed like hours to toast it) and...an apple, I think. Can't remember. What's nice is that they have a fridge and cooker so you can bring in some things for yourself. It's fine for the festival; enjoy....
by Spendthrift rate this post as useful

Hi Chun 2008/4/14 16:58
Chun, I haven't stayed at the Rickshaw yet but believe it is fairly centrally located for the festivities. I certainly hope so as we will also be staying at it 8-11 October for the festival. Perhaps we will run into you. Where are you from, we will be coming from Australia.

Just to let you know, I have been warned that we should reserve our seats for the train to/from Takayama a reasonable amount of time ahead as they will be crowded for the festival.
by Spuds rate this post as useful

reply to this thread