Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How would you say "love design"? 2008/4/24 18:03
Hi Everyone,

I would like to know how the japanese would say "love design", but not in the context of "I love design", more like the act of loving design if that makes sense. And by design I am refering to graphic design. Is there an accurate romaji translation and what would it look like in kanji?

Thanks all.

Andy.
by Andy  

Love design? 2008/4/25 10:49
Andy,

Try "愛デザイン" (ai dezain). It's just as vague/meaningless as the English phrase, but as it sounds like "I design" in English, I think it would work as a catchy slogan - if that is what you are after.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Love design NO 2008/4/26 05:25
In 40 years of extensive reading about design,going to design exhibitions and stores, I have never ever heard/read the expression "love design" used to refer to people--like me--that aren't designers but are very very much interested by it. "design fan" has been used and one could even say "design freak" for someone who obsess about it. How about "design otaku"?
by Red Frog rate this post as useful

You missed the point... 2008/4/26 16:24
I think he wants to express his own idea, not necessarily one that is often used. Nothing wrong with that.
by Josh rate this post as useful

I love by design 2008/4/26 17:25
I stumbled on that post. The last poster has a point but chances are that the OP may be totally misunderstood by using such an unusual expression where the emphasis could be placed on love rather than on design. What makes some sense in one language only too often doesn't make any sense at all in another (but what do I know, I only speak 3 languages).
by Auntie Bert rate this post as useful

Perspective 2008/4/27 04:32
It's not so easily understood in English either, but it's interesting and that is what the OP wants.
by Seasons rate this post as useful

love design 2008/4/29 15:20
I think the meaning of love design has beautiful design or amaizing design.

Thanks.
by sajid rate this post as useful

love design 2008/4/29 15:33
I think the meaning of love design has beautiful design or amaizing design.

Thanks.
by sajid rate this post as useful

reply to this thread