Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Soy milk 2008/5/4 18:50
Could someone please recommend a place that makes fresh soy milk every day?

Also, last time i came to japan, i brought a small carton of milk from the convenience store and the milk was so yummy! Does anyone know the brand i'm referring to or can recommend a brand for me to try? The milk does taste a lot different than that in USA/Australia.

By the way, I'll be going to osaka , tokyo and kyoto so any recommendations there would be super! thanks
by giraffez  

Hokaido 2008/5/5 19:31
I used to drink Snow Brand milk, but they stop making it for some reason. It was GOOD. Hokaido is famous for milk products, so any milk from there would be good.
by Snow Brand rate this post as useful

Any hints on the milk? 2008/5/5 19:46
Small local tofu stores will have fresh soymilk.

As for the milk in the convenience store, if you describe the packaging and/ or tell us which combini we might be able to help you, but with no clues, it could have been any one of many brands.
by Sira rate this post as useful

soy milk and milk 2008/5/5 20:33
Do they make soy milk everywhere or do i specifically have to hunt one down?

Unfortunately, i was there 10 years ago and back then i paid no attention to the packaging ( i wish i had). Any recommendations on the milk (not soy milk) brands that is popular? I tell you i'll try them all out if i had to! :D
by giraffez rate this post as useful

milk 2008/5/5 22:55
I don't really understand your question about the soy milk- all I can tell you is that fresh tofu stores in residential areas often also have fresh soymilk.

The packaging on milk cartons will almost certainly have changed in 10 years, and some of the brand names as well. Just try them and find one you like- to me they all taste the same...

Fresh 2008/5/5 23:02
How fresh is fresh for you? I think you can find soy milk in grocery stores and they have expiration dates on them. That makes them "fresh".
by Soy rate this post as useful

clarify 2008/5/6 18:30
sorry, let me clarify.

For soy milk, by fresh i mean made on the spot and when you order that scoop it out of the boiling pot. Not the ones in the supermarket.

For just plain milk, i'm after the ones in the supermarket that tastes good.
by giraffez rate this post as useful

only packaged 2008/5/7 08:01
Even the tofu stores package their soy milk- I think it will be difficult to find what you are looking for. Most tofu stores are tucked away in back streets not so near the station out in the suburbs in any case so unless you live in the area they are hard to find.

reply to this thread