Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can someone tell me what this means? 2008/5/12 10:27
I got a weird message from a friend. It has these two words in it: Ichiba Junta. Could someone please tell me if that actually means something? I can't figure it out myself...
by DeeLAH01  

. 2008/5/12 13:30
Ichiba Junta

There are two possibility I can think of. (I'm Japanese by the way.)

It really depends on what kanji is used for these words, but ichiba could mean either (1) market (2) family name.
Junta is a boy's name.

So it could be either full name (in Japanese family name comes first), or the person wants to say something about the market and the person called Junta.
by . rate this post as useful

Thank you so much! 2008/5/12 13:51
My first thought was that they were trying to say something about a market, but it didn't make much sense as to the rest of the message I received.(It was all in romaji, so that's why I had a hard time figuring it all out.) I think the other suggestion makes more sense. Yes, I think they were trying to say something about a person. Again, thank you! You and all the others here on Japan-Guide are so awesome! ^_^
by DeeLAH01 rate this post as useful

One more question... 2008/5/12 13:55
Is the a boy's name or a girl's name?

boy 2008/5/12 15:43
That would be a boy's name. Any name ending in "ta" is a boy's name- Kenta, Kouta, Youta etc. That kind of name has been popular for about the last 15 years or so, although it's the first time I've heard "Junta."
by Sira rate this post as useful

... 2008/5/13 08:28
Thank you Sira!

reply to this thread