Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Anime language 2008/5/21 02:20
Hi. I have a question that don't allow me sleep lately. I was watching a anime, then the boy will summon a mahou with their King[it's a long history]

Yuri: Boku wa tabu [I will fly]
Valac:Sore ga chikai [this is the promisse]
Yuri:Boku a tatakau [I will fight]
Valac : Eranda no Anta
I
n this last part is the question I will ask. The translation second the fansub must be [The way wich you chose, or simplesly, your way], and, using the logic by the situation, It's correct. But I didn't find any reference to Eranda [yes,She really speak e-ran-da]. the most near that I found was Erabu. Is eranda a flexion?Some sugestion?

p.s.: The anime is Shakugan no Shana Second, only informing...And, yes, I believe that anime is a good form to learn japanese too.
by Ns  

. 2008/5/21 15:20
Eranda is past form of erabu, which means "chose", "selected".

From what I googled, the last line seems to be "eranda no wa anta" (It's you that chose it).
by meringue4 rate this post as useful

a few helpful corrections.. 2008/5/28 10:40
some of your spelling/Translation. is alittle incorrect, so here's a'lil tune up =)

Yuri: Boku wa tobu [i'll fly] not "tabu".

Valac: Sore ga chikai [i swear, or that i swear.]

Yuri:Boku wa tatakau [I will fight]

Valac : Eranda no Anta

now for the last line, since Japanese is a very *indirect* language.. this would mean 1 of 2 things to us... either:

its chosen you.

or

you'v chosen it.

the way you know which one it is, is by knowing the Topic of whats beening spoken about. it usually leads to the more accurate meaning.
by AzN Gyangu rate this post as useful

reply to this thread