Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

"Skinny'' drinks in Starbucks Japan? 2008/5/24 01:26
Hiya

I found a drink I really like in Japanese Starbucks. However, whilst I drink all my Starbucks drinks ''skinny'' (with skimmed milk) normally, I didn't know if they did ''skinny'' in Japan so I didn't bother last time I went.

Do they actually do ''skinny'' Starbucks drinks? And how would I go about ordering it in Japanese?

Thank you.
by Tee  

Starbucks 2008/5/24 17:14
Tee,

You can order low-fat (teishibou gyuunyuu) or soya milk (tounyuu) instead of regular milk. Soya milk costs extra, though.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

and mushibou 2008/5/24 20:29
You can also ask for 無脂肪牛乳, "mushibougyuunyuu" (non-fat milk). Asking for a "skinny" version probably won't work, I doubt the staff will understand it. I might be wrong though.
by Sira rate this post as useful

Yep, they have it. 2008/5/24 23:28
It's on the menu... they use the 外来語: ノンファットミルク (non-fat milk). I ask for it in my cappuccinos all the time. =)
by Meru rate this post as useful

Cheers 2008/5/25 08:07
Thanks everyone! That was really helpful, you're all stars!
by Tee rate this post as useful

Lost in translation. 2008/5/26 13:30
Yes, it is definately worth trying to use the Japanese.

Once, in Kyoto, it asked for "skim" milk, not knowing the Japanese for it, and I received two coffees and a cup of steamed milk, which I can only imagine is what my skim milk had turned out to be. Lol.

Also, Exselsior coffee is the best but I don't think they have skim/ skinny etc. I asked in Tokyo (Yaesu store) and no luck. : (
by R. rate this post as useful

Ask for the non-fat 2008/5/28 22:47
Like another poster here, my younger brother mistakenly asked for skim milk at a Starbucks in Hiroshima and wound up with a cup of steamed milk! Made for a good travel story, anyways.

Non-fat milk is the term here!
by Steamed in Hiroshima rate this post as useful

reply to this thread