Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Buying Vegetables in Tokyo & Hokkiado 2008/5/24 17:16
Hi,
We are planning a family trip to Japan in August.
As I have a child with special diet need, I need to buy fresh vegetables at times to cook his porridge.Have not decide on accomodation yet, like to find out where the places in toyko that I can find veg easily?
Will hokkiado be easier to find fresh food?
by Ruth  

. 2008/5/25 00:00
In cities including Tokyo, Sapporo etc., you can find vegetables anywhere. In city centers they're available at the basement floors of department stores, and in residential areas they're available at supermarkets and grocery shops.

In resorts, shops can be located far away. Why not consult to your accomodation by email etc.?
by Uco rate this post as useful

zucchini 2008/10/15 12:12
hi

am living in shinagawa,tokyo and i would like to know where can i buy zucchini vegetable ,i went to the supermarket near us (jusco) but i couldnt fine it
by syaj rate this post as useful

Syaj 2008/10/15 12:31
Syaj, zucchini is sold everywhere in Japan nowadays. I'm sure a lot of Jusco branches have them. Maybe they were sold out. Why not ask the clerk? The pronunciation is as same as how they call it in the U.S. Otherwise, department store basements can usually answer most of your needs. But really, a local supermarket should be enough if you're just looking for zucchini.

By the way, the type you can get looks like this and they're about 20 centimeters long.
http://tippinthescales.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/zucchini....

zucchini 2008/10/16 21:32
Zucchini are a bit out of season now. You can find them for sale easier in the summer months from June until August.
by gardener rate this post as useful

. 2008/10/16 23:05
Hmm, I just bought a perfect Zucchini in Yokohama last weekend. You can always try.

zucchini 2008/10/17 07:20
I live in Kyushu, near Nagasaki and zucchini in not readily available and its very expensive and not very fresh when you can find it , usually 180 yen each for a small on. I planted some last year and it came up great then died ,not sure why but will try to grow some next year .eggplant on the other hand grows crazy and is cheap. love ratatouille.
by wds rate this post as useful

reply to this thread