Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

universities in Japan 2008/5/26 15:38
i am trying to get into music producing and i would like to know about music and record producing programs including academic courses as well offered in the different areas of Japan. Also how is life for a black person in Japan, is it different than any other individual?
by Emmanuel43  

language 2008/6/8 01:04
Do you speak Japanese? Your first step on learning about music while living in Japan is to speak the language fluently. Otherwise, you should build a career in your home country first and try to be relocated here.
by Uco rate this post as useful

universities in Japan 2008/6/9 14:12
i plan on learning Japanese before i go there and also i am still in high school. But what universities are good for the music and record producing major.
by Emmanuel43 rate this post as useful

building your senses 2008/6/11 18:27
Emmanuel43,

I understand from another thread that you're aiming for the likes of music producer and DJ Nujabes.
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+51291

I'm not sure, but I have the impression that people like him pick up music from the streets. Of course hundreds of music people have graduated universities, but they often do a non-music major and then learn popular music through college club activities or through the grapevines of nightclubbing.

For example, a very quick check on the internet gave me a site that explains that music producers need to have the sense of marketing. Therefore, majoring in marketing, economics or even IT can also be a good idea.
http://www.allow-web.com/blog/naritai/2008/04/post_65.html

In any case, if you want to work as a producer in Japan, you need to be fluent in Japanese language no matter which country you go to school in. So why not brush up your language skills while keep listening to music, and as you improve your skills, look into information in Japanese that might help you find your way.

Good luck!
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread