Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

I need a translation 2008/5/30 21:35
I wish that I could post a picture up here, but I haven't found a way to do it. The 1st symbol looks like an R with 3 lines to the left and the other is a 3 with a short line on either side. If you would like a drawing of the sign I would like translated, msg me and will send it.
by wkluckhohn  

ふ and... try photobucket 2008/5/31 10:34
Have you tried image hosting sites like photobucket? People often post pictures here on that site- there are a couple around right now actually.

I can't imagine the R with 3 lines but the 3 with lines either side sounds like the hiragana character ふ Does that look right? If it is, the pronunciation is "fu", but it has no meaning by itself.
by koala1 rate this post as useful

An image and context would help 2008/5/31 10:40
wkluckhohn,

As mentioned by the previous poster, posting an image somewhere on the web and also giving some context (i.e. where did you see it?) would help people give you an accurate answer.

Just going from your description, all I can think of is "沢ふ", which does not make any sense to me.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Website 2008/5/31 13:45
The picture can be found here: http://tokyo.craigslist.jp/stp/700808028.html
by wkluckhohn rate this post as useful

Oozawa tofu store 2008/5/31 16:27
It says "大沢とうふ店" (Oozawa toufu ten)
which means Ozawa (probably a family name) tofu store in English.

by koala1 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread