Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kendo dojos in Kyoto 2008/6/3 11:33
Hello, Do anyone know of any "foreighner friendly" dojos in the kyoto area? I'm studying japanese right now so i feel that the language barrier between me and the 9th dan sensei at Budocenter was a bit to big to be handeled.
I have trained for 3.5 years but i had to but the shinai on the shelf when i whent to norway to work but i want to pick it up again.
I'm 2kyu.
If you are a member of a club or just know a club please let me know. I live close to sanjusangendo.

Thanks in advance
Kim
by Kim Söderlund  

Dojo list 2008/6/7 17:39
Hello,
I don't know anything about kendo, but I found a list of Dojos in Kyoto.Is your Japanese good enough to read the imformation and make phoecalls?

http://www2.ocn.ne.jp/~kyoken/kanren-dantai-link/kendo-kaiin...

Some of them welcome adult and beginners.I think if they do accept beginners, they may welcome foreigners.

I think it is great that you have 2‹‰!
I hope you can find a good place and continue Kendo.

I would like to help Ganbaru people,
if you still have trouble, please contact me. Maybe I can make phonecalls for you and ask.
by PakuPaku rate this post as useful

Pakupaku 2008/6/11 02:08
Thanks pakupaku, but i can't read those kanjis. I have only studied japanese for about 3 months so im really poor. :(

But i would love to get your contact information.

Kim
by Kimsoderlund rate this post as useful

How to contact me 2008/6/24 22:48
please find Pakupaku from Kyotofoodie.
I would love to help you finding Dojo.
by KFPP rate this post as useful

reply to this thread