Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Translate ''wolf with a wish'' ? 2008/6/11 04:37
I'm currently writing a short story, and I've always been fond of the Japanese language. So I decided to have the title in Japanese (Wolf With a Wish), but all sites I go to give me the translation in Kanji or other dialect, when I'm just searching for the Hiragana ( I think that's what it is? )

Anyways, I thank anyone in advanced for their help. It's greatly appreciated.
by Quick English > Japanese Translation  

a sample of the translation 2008/6/11 10:29
Wolf With a Wish

ねがいをもつおおかみ
by TTOO rate this post as useful

Re; 2008/6/12 01:34
願いを持つ狼
by japanese visitor rate this post as useful

why only hiragana? 2008/6/12 08:19
Kanji isn't a dialect, most Japanese is written in a mixture of hiragana, katakana and kanji. TTOO gave you the hiragana, but normally your phrase would be written as japanese visitor did with at least one of the kanji if not both- a phrase all in hiragana looks like it has come out of a children's book.
by SHU rate this post as useful

just so that you know 2008/6/12 10:18
願いを持つ狼 (which of course is the adult way of writing ねがいをもつおおかみ) still sounds like a fairy tale title to me. I hope you don't mind that.

Translations are tricky. I remember the good 'ole days when rock stars used to print Japanese titles on their album covers that were never used in their Japanese record companies.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread