Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Somen noodle restaurant 2008/6/15 08:53
I am not sure if it even exists in reality, but have read a book that features a somen noodle restauraunt where you 'catch' the noodles as they float by on a cold water stream....if there is such a thing, where might I find it - it sounds awesome!
Thanks heaps
Aleph
by Aleph  

somen slider 2008/6/15 15:24
yes there are many and it's called nagashisomen :)
by bobo rate this post as useful

flowing somen 2008/6/15 16:33
nagashisomen is a common treat, but I don't think it's commonly served in restaurants. It would be difficult to serve them regularly in the first place. They're usually done at special summer festivals. You need to look out for them. Perhaps a tourist information center can help you if you're coming to Japan.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Tsuyama 2008/6/16 11:05
There is one in Tsuyama Okayama that operates in the summer months next to the waterfall. Its pretty cool you should check it out.
by Jom rate this post as useful

Re:Somen noodle restaurant 2008/6/17 00:57
"Chaya KADO(茶屋かど)" in Kita-Kamakura(北鎌倉) serves Nagashi-Somen in summer.

http://www2s.biglobe.ne.jp/~kazu-n/machitan-0a.mypage.htm
by xexstyle rate this post as useful

Nagashi somen 2008/8/17 09:08
Yes I think you can find Nagashi somen all conutry in Japan. I just ate it yesterday, Nagashisomen is some kind of summer festvail, not normal in urban,Better to ask Toursim center to get more informaiton.
by YAN rate this post as useful

reply to this thread