Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bringing animals to Japan 2008/6/18 04:58
Does anyone know if it's usually permitted to have animals (like dogs and cats) in the apartments? I read somewhere that it usually isn't, but there has to be some that allows it?

and how is it to have dogs there? alot of "dog parks" etc?
by Sissela  

it depends 2008/6/18 10:53
Of course it is too broad to ask if you can have pet cat or dog in apartments in japan as it is a country! I know in my hometown near Tokyo, many people have a small dog or cat as a pet even in apartments. One neighbor had many pet cats! It does depend on the area. There are many nice parks for walking pets but you should be responsible and clean up after your pet.
by Umi rate this post as useful

. 2008/6/18 11:40
by Kazuyuki78 rate this post as useful

one more thing 2008/6/18 11:58
If you are not going to be in Japan for that long, maybe your pets could stay with family in your own country?

It is quite possible they could be in quarantine for 180 days, which is a long time, and they would be scared and lonely for that amount of time....
by Kazuyuki78 rate this post as useful

... 2008/6/18 17:28
planning on moving to japan in a couple of years, but im from sweden so the quarantine wont be a problem.
thanks alot for the answers and the link. very helpful.
by Sissela rate this post as useful

pettoka 2008/6/18 17:47
When you look for an apartment,ask for pets-allowed rooms so you can find pets-friendly apartment(some apartments have doggy shower after a walk). If you bring a dog then don't forget to register him to city hall.
by sparky rate this post as useful

reply to this thread