Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tax inquiry 2008/6/24 08:08
Am planning to register a private company (sole proprietor) some where in Kyushu.
If I register now in this half of a month, am I required to pay a tax in end of this month, even when I have not started exportation officially...?
by Martins  

... 2008/6/25 17:23
Am planning to register a private company (sole proprietor) some where in Kyushu.

According to my knowledge, the concept of registering a sole proprietor company does not exist in Japan. Either you found a company (kabushiki gaisha) or you simply work as an individual (you can chose any name for your business).

If I register now in this half of a month, am I required to pay a tax in end of this month, even when I have not started exportation officially...?

As mentioned above, a sole proprietor company is the same as an individual taxpayer. Your business income will be considered your personal income, which you will have to declare together with business expenses. You will have to pay national income taxes in spring 2009, prefectural and municipal income taxes during 2010 and a business tax (3-5% depending on the business type) during 2009.
by Uji rate this post as useful

auto parts 2008/6/25 23:46
ok, It then means, I will not need a kind of registration with the govt for it? is it not same as Enterprises? which can be registered at any city hall? Am looking at exporting used auto parts to my country. The income is not actually generated in Japan as sales are done in my country.
The is basically what I intend doing for now as a main personal jobs,,sourcing for used auto parts and shipping in container.

What do you advise?
by Martins rate this post as useful

... 2008/6/26 08:27
This is a good starting point:
http://www.jetro.go.jp/
by Uji rate this post as useful

tax 2008/6/26 09:03
UJI...I know that site..it does not help. Poeple ask question here cos issue are more treated in a more elaborated manner..hope you can better have a feel my thought and do justice to the above..
by Martins rate this post as useful

reply to this thread