Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Postal Recorded Mail 2008/6/28 20:50
In the event that there will be no one in the apartment, will our mail be inserted on our mailbox? or are we supppose to collect them at the nearest post office??

how does this work? and how many days does the mail get process from the day the addresee sent it out and for the receiver to receive it?
by Chamomile herb  

non-delivery notice 2008/6/29 09:11
Usually if you are not home there will be a paper in the mailbox saying that they have attempted to deliver an item but no-one was home.

You then have the choice of calling a tollfree number or going to the post office website to arrange a new delivery time, or you can visit the post office where the item is being held to collect it. This is all explained on the paper, but in Japanese.

As for how long it takes, that depends a lot on where it was sent from and various other factors- no-one can guarantee anything there.

by Sira rate this post as useful

. 2008/6/29 13:57
If the letter requires a signature or something, it will never be left in your mailbox, that sort of defeats the purpose of having registered mail etc.

As mentioned a letter of redelivery is left in your mailbox,you can take it to the post office listed or call the number on the back, there's a English telephone number on the back as well.

calling a tollfree number

Toll free number, I'm not too sure at least for the English line, I called the other week in Tokyo and was charged a fee to use the telephone service.Though I can't recall the price it wasn't too much.
Though its understandable to pay the extra fee for the service in another language.
----
------
Another alternative that requires some working around is:

JPost Has a partially translated redelivery notice system on their website, just do a few quick translations and it should be done ok:
https://trackings.post.japanpost.jp/delivery/delivery_reques...

Directions:
http://melt-in-japan.blogspot.com/2008/02/rescheduling-deliv...
by John rate this post as useful

another question 2008/6/29 23:28
Thanks guys appreciate ur help. I guess the only way i could get those mail without having to sign is through ordinary mail??

how long (usually) does it takes to get it delivered to me place. bout 4 or 5 days?

Here's the thing, I'm going to be spending my 9 days hols in japan in one of my friends apartment since they'll be away for hols too. I'm awaiting for concert tix to be delivered to the address that i'm staying. im sure i'll be out majority of the time, shopping and etc. i'm also not familiar on how to navigate around the place being a tourist, so i find it difficult to locate even the nearest post office too.

I'll be there on the 29/07 and concert is on the 02/08. I'm hoping for it to reach me by then. so i was wondering how many days does it gets to be process and also, chances of mails getting lost via the normal rate, is it high?
by Chamomile herb rate this post as useful

. 2008/6/30 00:06
how long (usually) does it takes to get it delivered to me place. bout 4 or 5 days?

Depends on where the tickets are mailed from.

As short as 1 day or a week+ if mailed outside of Japan.
by John rate this post as useful

reply to this thread