Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

students visa 2008/7/7 09:47
i'm 17 and i do not want to go to any american college so i would rather go to CHUBU unvirstiy.i would like to know how to get a student visa.
by Michael Dukes  

... 2008/7/7 10:21
This page will get you started:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2232.html
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

... 2008/7/7 21:45
you won't pass the language admission test if your spelling is as bad as your post! put some effort into it!

student visa's are fairly easy to get but you need to pass the japanese school's entrance requirements. for a university you'll need to pass an exam or submit your SAT scores, if you did poorly you don't stand much of a chance unless you rewrite them and score better. once you're accepted and have paid the school they'll sponsor you for a visa.

for japanese language schools you just pay and they'll help sponsor you if you have a japanese guarantor. finding a japanese guarantor at your age is going to be difficult, generally it has to be someone willing to take 100% responsibility for your well being if you screw up and end up homeless or something. your school may be able to help you find a guarantor though.
by winterwolf rate this post as useful

. 2008/7/8 02:15
It varies, but many schools will let your parents or relatives (who don't live in Japan and who are not Japanese) be your guarantor.
by John rate this post as useful

True 2008/7/8 05:23
This is true. Like a Financial Sponsor. Even in my case, I'm 21 and the school I'm going to requires that I have a financial sponsor regardless if I'm paying for everything or not. (which I am)
by Al rate this post as useful

reply to this thread