Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

110-240V Camcorder charger in Japan? 2008/7/8 07:14
Hi

I'm returning to Japan this week and was looking forward to using my new camcorder there. However I found the adaptor only runs 110V-240V, annoyingly not 100V-240V like my laptop adaptor and thus seemingly out of range for Japan (100V).

Does anyone know if my adaptor will still work with 100V or has anyone tried using a 110V-240V appliance in Japan without problems?
by nugget  

Just my experience 2008/7/8 13:26
Most 110-240 adapters that I've used in Japan have worked. I haven't even noticed any time difference on charging or performance decrease.

However, a couple of auto switching devices that have some circuitry in them to switch mustn't have met the minimum voltage to run, and did nothing (they worked again in the US). 1 was a Sanyo made for the US adapter and I don't remember the other because I no longer have it. I would take it and see if it works and if it comes down to it you may have to stop at a Best Buy or Ks to get a domestic adapter.
by Anaguma rate this post as useful

No problem 2008/7/9 06:43
Had five trips there shooting video ,taking photos, and running a laptop. Never had a problem.
by RodW rate this post as useful

works fine 2008/7/20 23:14
no probs, everything works alright, thanks for the responses guys!
by nugget rate this post as useful

reply to this thread