Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best shopping 25yr old 6'1'' guy? 2008/7/15 15:11
Going to Tokyo, Japan in October with my sister. She is gonna shop like crazy. And now I want to get all the cool clothes there too. Only thing is I was told that I am way tall in Japan and won't find clothes that fit me! Is that true?! I am 6'1'', 185lbs, 32'' waist, 44'' chest, muscular, white guy. I would hate to not get some bitchin clothes when I go. We are both planning on taking empty suitcases!

Please help with advice on stores and locations! Shibuya and Harajuku. And anywhere else you reccommend. My taste is very rockstar and then also very posh too (I like to mix it up). And I THANK YOU totally in advance for your time!

Micha
by Micha  

suggestion 2008/7/15 16:42
Hi. Certainly your size isn't common in Japan. Men who are in your size buy their clothes in some particular stores, or in abroad.
In Ueno area (Ame-yoko) you can find big clothes...I guess they're mainly imported from US.
I've one suggestion. Zenmall is popular store for big size males. Or, Marui shopping building has a section for your size.
Zenmall's in Harajuku and Marui's in Shibuya.

Note that "big size" often means "fatty" potentially. Those stores has tall and not-fat males clothes, I think, on the other hand many of shops has for large-waist males. (Sorry for confusing)

Two URLs suppose to answer to your issue.
http://www.nafai.org/japanese/links/buybig/
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+19330
by nr rate this post as useful

bump! 2008/7/15 16:47
Hha! Oh no! Am I gonna have to shop at the fat guy store?! Here in California I am considered the ideal muscled stud catagory! Now I go to Tokyo and am gonna be seen as some giant ogre! Hahah! So I won't be ablt find cool rockstar clothes that fit me?!
by Micha rate this post as useful

clothes 2008/7/15 17:04
Japan isn't bargain country if you are looking for real fancy duds! even their discount outlets are more expensive than the one--from the very same company--near Seattle
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

reply to this thread