Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

alien card 2008/7/26 04:18
i have applied for my alien card which i have to collect between the 12 and 18th of august, which mean i have to stay in a region longer than i had planned for.....

what would happen if i moved to another region of japan?..could i apply at another office there??...
how long does it take to collect alien card in osaka?...
by my2cats  

,,, 2008/7/26 05:07
You need to be registered in the city in which you are living. If you move, you have to go to the new city office and inform them about your change of address.
by Uji rate this post as useful

additional 2008/7/26 09:36
as i will be also extending my period of stay the week i am due to collect my alien card here...can i still apply for bith inanotheer part or region of japan...?...
by my2cats rate this post as useful

offices in kansai/osaka 2008/7/26 09:55
where is the office that i goto to apply for my alien card and extension of stay in osaka?..does anyone know the address...??
by my2cats006 rate this post as useful

... 2008/7/26 11:59
Once you have a card issued, if you move to another place, you take the same card to the City (or Ward) Hall of your new address, and report "change of address." Normally you do not apply for a "new" card everywhere you go.

For alien registration card, you need to find the city or ward hall of the address you are going to be in Osaka.
For extension of stay (do you mean extending your stay in Japan from the original stamp you have in your passport?), you need to find the nearest immigration bureau.
by AK rate this post as useful

extendiing stay 2008/7/26 19:08
yes i am wanting to extend my period of stay from the stamp in my passport...now i have appied for it in here ..but will be wanting to go to osaka before the date expeires in that..and i want to know how long this usually takes....same for my alien card...i have to wait here for 3 weeks and i was hoping to be in osaka by then...
by my2cats rate this post as useful

. 2008/7/26 20:06
As for the Alien Registration Card, once you get one, if you move, all you do is report to the new city ward office you move into (depends on the section of the city you live in), all they do is write the new address on the back of your card, no need to apply for a new card.

As for Status of Residence Extension (eg Visa extension), the time varies depending on how busy each immigration office is and the nature of the change, as I think some statuses take longer to process then others, depending on what documents that might need to be checked.

Status of Residence Changes is done by Immigration Offices, Alien Registration Changes are done at City halls, two different locations.
by John rate this post as useful

... 2008/7/28 08:03
The procedure may differ depending on the type of visa you are on, but I believe that when Immigration reviews your application for extension and makes a decision, they send you a postcard to the address you mentioned in your application. This means that if you "move" to another
address before you receive the extention (I don't know what kind of place you are staying at), it could possibly get returned by the post office, so
be careful.

I think the simplest extension (for example, temporary visitor visa extension within the maximum time allowed, or spouse visa extension with no circumstance change, etc.) takes at least ten days, two weeks or so.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread