Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Which is best to learn? 2008/7/30 08:21
I have the Rosetta Stone Japanese edition and there are three different things to learn. Nihongo and then two different character styles. I've started with the Nihongo, but i'm not sure which of the others would benefit me more.
by Jonathan  

best t o 2008/7/30 15:29
Are you talking about Kanji, Hiragana and Katakana? You MUST learn the 3 of them as they are all used. Children learn Hiragana then Kanji. Katakana is for all the foreign words widely used in Japan.
by Auntie Bert rate this post as useful

. 2008/7/30 19:53
by meringue4 rate this post as useful

Nihongo 2008/7/30 21:44
What do you mean by "I've started with the Nihongo"? Nihongo means "Japanese language" in general, so they are all Nihongo.
by Sira rate this post as useful

haha 2008/7/31 10:38
yeah i found that out about an hour after i posted this! that's how new i am to the language haha! Thanks for the help guys
by jonathan rate this post as useful

ok 2008/7/31 10:55
so are the Hiragana and katakana styles mixed together in the table on the second and third pages? What i was looking at in the Rosetta Stone program was 3 different things that all mean Japanese or Japan. The first was the alphabetical system, the second was the Kana (i think) and the third was kanji. I was confused because the program does not translate anything, you're given picture in order to figure out the meaning of the words
by jonathan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread