Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

laptop with an english operating system 2008/7/31 10:05
could anyone please help! where can i but a laptop in tokyo with an english operating system not japanese?
by alan hall  

Mac 2008/7/31 12:07
You cna buy a MacBook, which can be changed from Japanese to English. And because Macs now use Intel processors, you can run a "bridge" program that enables you to run native Windows applications on the Mac.
by Sandy rate this post as useful

thanks 2008/7/31 12:10
Thanks sandy its worth considering
by alan rate this post as useful

In Akihabara 2008/7/31 13:56
There are shops that sell English laptops in Akihabara. Just look around and you're sure to find something there.
by Akihabara shopper rate this post as useful

alan 2008/8/1 18:03
alan if you're in the US buy a laptop from the dell outlet online store, super cheap laptops that are generally in new condition. i bought mine for 700$ including shipping and it was brand new when i got it despite the fact they said it was a refurb laptop.

if you buy a laptop in japan you may want to make sure you get one without a japanese keyboard. it can hurt your productivity to keep hitting the wrong keys. it will also be a problem to sell it overseas if you need to.
by winterwolf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread