Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

International Parcel EMS Japan Post 2008/8/4 01:36
Hi

May I know if there are fuel surcharge for shippment via EMS Japan Post?

Looking at their online postage calculator, http://www.post.japanpost.jp/cgi-charge/index.php?lang=_en

For a 1500g package using EMS from tokyo to new york costs 3,200 yen. I was wondering if there are any additional cost like fuel surcharge? I can't seem to find it on their website.

Appreciate if anyone could help. Thanks.
by VictorTA  

... 2008/8/4 14:02
As far as I know, the charge they quote is what you pay :)
by AK rate this post as useful

there is no other charge 2008/8/9 11:45
hey there is no other charge..When you pay in there it will arrive here without payment..the receive will just get it..ok
by danita rate this post as useful

Absence. Attempted Delivery 2008/10/20 02:26
I wanted to know what does this actually mean, the reason why I ask is that my address is on a University College Campus and there is always some one to take all packages in our mail office, so how is it absence?
by Gregory Smart rate this post as useful

. 2008/10/20 02:53
I wanted to know what does this actually mean, the reason why I ask is that my address is on a University College Campus and there is always some one to take all packages in our mail office, so how is it absence?

If you mailed it to a specific person then that person wasn't there when they tried to deliver it.
by John rate this post as useful

. 2008/10/20 02:56
Or rather there was no one there at the address to deliver it to.

Once Japan EMS arrives in the nation of destination, the local postal service takes over delivering the mail.

So if a package was sent from Japan to the US, once it arrives in the US, the US postal service takes over.

You should contact whatever postal service in the country of origin for any additional information.

by John rate this post as useful

reply to this thread