Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Working in a secluded area? 2008/8/5 07:22
I will be getting married in about a year or so when my spouse comes back from deployment, and we plan to move to a more moutionus, secluded city in japan,that however will not be for a few years after we get married but I intend to look for work early so I will not have to stay home all day. He will be covered in work but I will not; would it be hard for me, as a non- native to find work in a area we intend to move to.
by Kelli Wilson  

not many jobs 2008/8/5 17:13
As in most places, the smaller the town/ city, the less likely it is that you will find work- even Japanese people move away from the country to the cities for this reason. English teaching would most likely be the only job available to non-Japanese, and if you are in a really small village you would probably have to commute to the nearest decent-sized town for work.
by Sira rate this post as useful

agree 2008/8/5 20:14
agree with sira
if you have no english teaching ability now start practicing and consider getting a certificate of some sort.

teaching children is one job that seems to be available even in the tiny places of japan but often the only job or jobs available doing that have been filled by japanese people or the occasional foreigner.
by winterwolf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread