Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Visa/Work/Moving Questions! 2008/8/6 10:39
I am very interested in moving to Japan to work in about a year. I have my BS in Engineering, im 24 years old. I was wondering how much does the average Engineer make in Japan. Is it hard to find a company to sponsor me in this feild? I make around 50,000US or 5,000,000 Yen a year at my place of work now. Would a salary around that be enought to live in Tokyo in a pretty nice apartment?

Thanks
by Dasutein  

stay with that job 2008/8/6 11:20
stay with that job, you surely (i'm about 95% sure) won't be making as much if you were to move to Japan unless you're really experienced and seasoned in your field.
by Giles rate this post as useful

Money not really the point. 2008/8/6 13:02
Well money is not really the main factor in the move. Really want to experiance another country while im young. Willing to take somewhat of a pay decrease. Is that an ok amount to be making living in Tokyo?
by Dasutein rate this post as useful

working 2008/8/6 17:21
Japan is a lot more than Tokyo.The Kansai region, centered around Osaka, has over 20 millions people and lots of interesting towns not far from one another. It is an area worth considering. Obviously knowing Japanese is a prerequisite. Even if you manage to get a job where you will use English most of the time, you definitely will need Japanese for everything else.
by Auntie Bert rate this post as useful

reply to this thread