Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

banks with english internet service 2008/8/13 18:16
Hello,

I have just moved to Japan and Im going to open a bank account. Today I was told that there are no banks in Japan that has any internet web site in english, all are in japanese.

Is that really true? Anyone that knows a bank with web site in english where I can view my account statements, transfer money and so on?

Thanks!!

BR,
Daniel
by Daniel  

This bank does 2008/8/14 09:17
Yes, Shinsei Bank. You can also set up an account without going to a branch, by applying online and then posting the forms to them.

Have a look here:

www.shinseibank.com/english/
by Sira rate this post as useful

Citibank? 2008/8/14 10:48
Citibank also has several locations in Tokyo and an English website:

http://citibank.co.jp/en/index.html
by Keishi rate this post as useful

. 2008/8/14 12:24
Whoever told you that doesn't really know much.

I use Shinsei bank, has an online english banking interface, so does citibank japan. I prefer Shinsei, but depending on what part of Japan you live in, there aren't many branches (nor are there Citibank), but I rarely go into an actual Shinsei bank, you can open an account via mail if you wanted (check their website for more information).
by John rate this post as useful

THANKS!! 2008/8/14 21:38
Thanks for your answers! I walked into a citibank office today and opened an account. No problems and their internet site is in english.

by Daniel rate this post as useful

reply to this thread