Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

study and working in japan 2008/8/14 01:11
Hello guys, i am from Singapore and i am interested in studying overseas in Japan. I did do some research on how i can do that through the embassy and they told me that i have to study 1 year japanese language first and if i pass i can enter the university. Btw, i am 22 this year just finished my National service.

So my question is do anyone of you know any schools that is good and mind recommending some?

Also i have some doubts because they say that i will be able to enter University if i pass the test after studying jap language. Do they need any diploma cert or something because i only had a private diploma cert.

Thanks in advance ...
by Help the student  

any 2008/8/14 20:20
any japanese university offering an introductory japanese language course will be acceptable. many universities here offer a course that will make foreigners proficient enough in japanese to take the rest of the normal courses that native japanese speakers also take.

you could also go to a language school just about anywhere in japan that's geared to prepping you for university. however, if you take a course at a university you'll be spared the trouble of having to apply again to the university when you want to take the normal courses for your degree.

please don't use the word "jap" as many people can take offense to it. even if it's a convenient abbreviation a lot of japanese people hate hearing it due to the racist connotations.
by winterwolf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread