Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

will the immigration grant me a visa? 2008/8/17 11:28
i married a japanese national using a different name but unfortunately we are on our way of filing a divorce for we are not living togethr for more than a year and now that im pregnant with my new partner wer planning to get married with my true name.i know that my case is so complicated and even a good immgration lawyer will refuse it.wen is the right time to dvorce my husband before or after i deliver my baby? should i use my true name as a mother of my baby or use my present name and change it later?
by imee  

refuse? 2008/8/18 22:06
I don't understand the question. Why would a good immigration refuse your question? It's not you're trying to scam/cheat immigration right?

I'm sure you'll find some lawyer (good or bad) who would be wiling to spend time with you.
by Promax2007 rate this post as useful

See a lawyer 2008/8/18 22:50
Imee,

I would second the advice given above. You really need to consult with an immigration lawyer, as you could possibly lose your right to stay in Japan, and there could be legal complications regarding the parents/citizenship of your future child.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

unfortunately 2008/8/18 23:12
If you are married in Japan, your husband (and not your partner) would be assumed to be the baby's father.This is because any baby born within 300 days of divorce is seen as the ex husband's baby for protection of the baby.

for reference-
http://www.cas.go.jp/jp/seisaku/hourei/data/CC4.pdf

You made a big complication by not divorcing before beginning a new family.
It seems odd that you married with a false name and I think maybe if immigration finds this, they will want you to leave Japan.
by Umi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread