Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

taxes, non resident resident 2008/8/18 14:43
We have just moved here from Hong Kong and I have registered as an alien and got the ARC etc (spouse visa) - I am a British national with a JP wife

However, I am still employed by my HK company and will continue to be paid by them at least up until next year. So my question is, tax? I will be living here and working but not for a JP company (we have an office in Tokyo that I'm working out of) so am I liable to pay any tax (especially income tax as I'll already be taxed back in HK) I assume residential taxes etc will apply because of the house etc.

No money will pass from the JP office to me, it'll all be paid by HK and into a HK bank, so I think technically as a non permanent resident it should be excluded from any income?

Any ideas?
by gbdru2  

taxes 2008/8/19 04:30
Surely your workplace accountant should know? if Japan and Hong Kong have a special agreement you should only be taxed in one place. If not you may pay twice then ask for refund. have a look at this site I found on google,at the bottom it talk about expatriates (workers in one country working for a company in another): http://www2.gol.com/users/jpc/Japan/taxes.htm
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread