Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese TV series 2008/8/19 17:15
Hi!I'm trying to find more about one Japanese TV series. It was on TV in my country in late 80th, I'm not sure about its name, but may be it's called "Gonnosuke" and it's about a samurai. Does somebody know about such a series? I would be happy for any further information. Thanks.
by maya  

how long? 2008/8/19 18:33
How long was the series? It is most likely one of the big drama's they produce yearly.

try d-addicts wiki or jdorama.com

they might be of some use.

good luck
by lowsushi rate this post as useful

Thanks 2008/8/19 20:35
Thanks. I don't know how long was it, I haven't seen it, but I need to make a review about foreign films and series on our TV in the time of communism. This was one of them. In my language the name of the series is something like "The falcon, the guard of the night", but I've heard the original name was Gonnosuke. Anyway, thank you very much!
by maya rate this post as useful

Gennosuke 2008/8/20 05:00
I found out the real name - Gennosuke, it was directed by Yamazaki. Doesn't somebody know more about it?

Gennosuke 2008/8/20 05:11
I've got one more information - the main character was played by Akira Kobayashi.

Gennosuke 2008/8/20 05:28
It was made by NHK Tokyo

. 2008/8/20 06:06
It's probably Gennosuke Yonaoshi-cho (Œ¶”V‰ī¢’¼‚µ’Ÿ), acted by Akira Kobayashi (¬—Ńˆ®), directed by Daisuke Yamazaki (ŽRč‘叕), aired on NTV (not NHK) from 1981 to 1982.

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%B9%BB%E4%B9%8B%E4%BB%8B%E4%...

by meringue4 rate this post as useful

Gennosuke 2008/8/20 20:45
Thank you a lot. Don't you know if it's possible to buy or watch it somewhere?

. 2008/8/21 16:20
It doesn't seem to be released in DVD or something. Probably the only way is to wait for it to be aired in SkyPerfecTV! in Japan.
by meringue4 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread